Saturday, December 1, 2012

Ulcers and YouTube

So, as an update, my grandpa should be getting better. The doctors did their doctor tests and found out he had an ulcer which I guess was causing him to lose blood, or not absorb iron or something. The doctors gave him medication and sent him on his way home. Dad and Sharon went up to the hospital to help him get home and comfortable.

I am very relieved it was nothing serious, (I mean, I think ulcers are semi-serious, your body is like making an acid bubbled hole in your stomach...) and that he is going to be relatively fine, unless the ulcer comes back.

I woke up this morning, took a shower, and got ready to make my YouTube video, (it's about going to the movies, so it should be semi-amusing) and ended up doing three or four takes. I thought I liked it, but now I am not so sure. So I might redo it after I get done babysitting tonight at like one o'clock in the morning.

Speaking of YouTube, I recently found out that one of the kids I was supposed to be babysitting, (she is at a sleepover) apparently made some crazy ass video and posted it to YouTube.

My disclaimer: this girl is twelve years old, which makes this next part so much worse.

The girl and her friends made a video saying how they were single and "looking for love" then proceeded to give out their addresses, on mother fucking YouTube!

Not only do I think that is crazy insane for anyone to do, considering all the creeps out there in the world, but she is TWELVE!

When I was twelve, I had just started sixth grade and my free time was filled with bike riding and watching Animal Planet. To be honest, I was really late to the social media game. I didn't have a Facebook until I was almost sixteen, I never had a MySpace, and I still don't know how I feel about Twitter. The only reason I even got on YouTube was because I had a college course that required I learned how to use it, and iMovie. 

Naturally I don't understand what would possess anyone to put their address out on the internet like that. But if you are over eighteen and live in your own place, I really don't give two fucks. But if you are a kid, there should definitely be some serious spanking going on. I am completely dumbfounded by the stupidity of this little girl and her friends.

So her dad ended up having to report all the creepy ass comments going onto the video, before it was (thankfully) taken down, and all of the passwords on every computer in the house was changed plus all of the internet passwords.

Absolute stupidity.

End of the story is this: YouTube is a great power that comes with a great responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment