Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Nigel Thornberry, Cat People, Mermaids, and Duck People

I had a dream last night that I was on a ship that was manned by Cat People. By which I mean I was on a ship akin to the Black Pearl and the pirates weren't people but were instead bipedal jungle cats. I was some sort of prize, because we were heading into port where I was going be used as a negotiation piece for something.



When we arrived near the rocky part of the port, there was a mermaid sitting on a rock telling the Cat People captain something in Mermish. We headed into the docks, and our boat was tied off, and I was carted off for the negotiations of whatever was going to be negotiated.

Until we ran into Nigel Thornberry.


I was very confused, and he seemed to think I was in much need of help. So he wandered off, muttering something about anchovies and how smashing the mermaids were.

I was then lead further into the port city towards the king/queen. I was feeling worried. Until the ground started to rupture.



Actually, I think that probably made me more worried, since the ground was falling out from under my feet, or splitting or some other likely dream scenario for when you are captured by Cat People pirates and taken past the borders of the Mermaid Brigade of Helpful Watchmen, (this is just the title I have given the mermaids, for whatever reason).

So the ground was cracking up and shaking like I imagine a proper earthquake would be like, (having never actually been awake to experience one) and the Cat People pirates were freaking out.

Mostly because their arch-nemesis, the Duck People, had come to the aid of Nigel Thornberry and subsequently, me. There was a big fight, and finally, I was somehow freed from my captors. I headed down the streets to the harbor where the Mermaid Brigade of Helpful Watchmen were waiting. Except they weren't so helpful. They liked the Cat People a lot better than the Duck People. The Cat people stayed on land and didn't poop in their waters. The Duck People weren't so considerate.

I thought I wasn't going to be able to escape the Cat People pirates, or if I did, I would be swallowed up by the earth because of the newly created earthquake chasms being ripped into the city streets. My outlook didn't look good.

But then, cresting over the waves of the extremely upset seas was the Thornberry RV. Eliza Thornberry and Darwin were there with a rope that they held onto while I climbed aboard, ready to make a safe getaway from the city.

But then I looked back and saw the sails of the Cat People pirates' ship heading directly our way. I was really scared, because when I looked down over the RV's railings, I saw that the mermaids were hanging on to the inner tube that was keeping us afloat. I felt for sure that we weren't going to make it.

And then my cat smacked me in the face with her weirdly fleshy paw.

Wake up, bitch face, she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment