Friday, December 21, 2012

The Lord of the Rings: My Addiction

I must confess...

I have a horrible condition. It strikes me for no apparent reason, and often, I am sucked into the addiction for periods lasting longer than everyone in my family can hope for. Alas, I am a reader; a lover of books; one with the written word.

I have started reading The Lord of the Rings.

It is an amazing piece of work, and I am wholly invested in Tolkien's world, and have a new appreciation for the movies have loved for such a long time.

Here, I will be very honest.

When my parental people split up and my brother and I had to move out of our house that we had grown up in, the one thing I liked to do was fall into worlds created in books. And when the opportunity arose for the Lord of the Rings to be made into movies, I would often have whole movie days where Alex and I would watch the Lord of the Rings back to back to back.

I had never read the books though.

Until about four days ago.

And I basically can't stop. The books, (while quite verbose in some instances), are amazing. And I am totally in love with Middle-Earth all over again.

I want to take a trip where I can follow a through the movie filming sights, because I feel like the movies, (thus far), have captured some of Tolkien's Middle-Earth.

And the guy that plays Aragorn, (Viggo Mortensen), is INCREDIBLY SMOKING HOT.

What can I say? I am a sucker for a good book, and a good movie. 

I hope that explains why I have been absent for nigh on a week!

In other news: I am at this very moment uploading a YouTube video!

And when it is uploaded I will update this with a link! (UPDATED!!!)

Once I finish the Lord of the Rings, I promise to come back and continue to astound all of you with my wonderful stories of my life. For instance, I think my next post will include a short story about a very strange boy who really doesn't know how to woo a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment