Saturday, December 15, 2012

Changing Things Up (UPDATED)

Okay, an update is at hand.

After some more deliberation, I have changed some more things around.

Firstly, the Video Bar is now Maine, New York, New Hampshire, Vermont, Pennsylvania and the like. I added the "Email Subscription" thing. (Apparently since I don't have an RSS feed reader, it means that other people might not either.) Thus the "Email is Awesome" subscription spot is going to New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, and the two Virginias. After that, we have the "Awesome Followers" tab taking the place of the Carolinas, the RSS feed in the Georgia and Alabama plots, and finally the "Archive" occupying the peninsula known normally as Florida.


There will be Piña coladas and much rejoicing!


*********************

Okay, so for the past few hours, (from like last night at around ten until three in the morning and then from around two until three thirty) I have been messing with all the different template stuff and whatever.

I thought about changing the layout to a nicer-looking "dynamic view," but I can't. I like almost everything about the dynamic view, except that I can't make the bar that has the "Blog Archive" and "Video Bar" stay popped out. It isn't the easiest thing to use or see. So for the moment, I will be using basically the same template as before. But for all the wonderful people that visit me regularly, (yes, I can see the stats on my blog steadily climb, [P.S. you guys are awesome]) I wanted to point out a few of the changes I have made.

For people like me, who seem to not be detail oriented, but actually are, I have changes things like the font of the title, the post titles, the dates, and the gadget titles. I picked something that kind of resembles my hand writing and that also looks like permanent marker. This seemed like an obvious change to me, since I started writing this blog when I first moved out of my parental people's homes.

I also added some new gadgets/widgets. The major one that I think should be noted on would my YouTube channel feed gadget thing. It took me almost an hour to figure this one out, but alas, my hard work paid off. Hopefully it will continue to work correctly and in my favor.

The second thing I added was something my mother suggested. This is the "RSS" subscribe button. I am not actually sure what it is, per se, but apparently it is quite useful for people who have an RSS reader. That should be located under my "Followers" button, and I think it is useful if someone does not have a Blogger account, but is instead part of an blogging community from another website, (but obviously still loves me and my Blogger website!).

I switched up a few of the placements of certain things, and that may change, according to my moods, or if there is a great conflict about finding certain things. I moved the "About Me" to the bottom of the page, feeling that it wasn't totally necessary to have it just floating around on the side being all "Look at me! This is who I am! I know you didn't know me before hand, even though everything I write is in the first-person perspective!" Therefore, its post has been moved from the East Coast to Texas.

I have the Followers button at the top of the column, (effectively making it Maine) and then the RSS sign-up button below it, (making it New York and Pennsylvania?). I made the Archive below that, (so it is a spattering of those tiny New England States that have excellent public transportation) and then the YouTube Video Bar below that. My only qualm is that with my Video Bar being Florida, it is very far down, and my posts aren't always that long, so I fear it may not always be seen or known about. Hopefully though, people will want to visit Florida, and maybe have a Piña colada or two.

Any whose, the more I begin to understand the wondrous ways of the internet and the offerings that can be given to me, I may change some things up even more. But never fear! I will hopefully remember to make the little transitions as painless as possibly by telling everyone what I did so as not to allow a faulty blog/United States map.

No comments:

Post a Comment