Sunday, March 17, 2013

Got a New Job

I had an interview on Friday. I was ridiculously nervous. Mom had bought me a new outfit to wear, and I felt both very professional, but worried I also might look ridiculous.

The job is at a hospital, and I had the very worst time attempting to find the office I needed, which happened to be hidden in a maze of office-cubicles near some elevators and hallways and sliding glass doors and florescent lights. I was almost late to my interview.

I talked to the head of the department, and after fifteen minutes, I was basically hired. All he needed was a letter of recommendation, (which I procured) and I was going to be good to go.

So I am really excited. I get to start observation in about a week. My title is a QA tech. Basically I get to make sure the plans people make for radiation at cancer tumors works correctly before the radiation is shot into actual people with actual tumors.

I guess you could say I help cure cancer. <Pops collar.>

Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment