Thursday, June 6, 2013

Shoes vs. Sex

When I buy shoes, there is instant gratification. I open the box, and there they are, beautiful, perfect shoes, sometimes with little buckles or bling, sometimes in fun colors, with a great heal, or a bow on the toe. They smell clean and fresh, and are almost always wrapped in pretty tissue paper. There is nothing quite like getting something in mail or at the store that can instant light up your day. I slip on my new shoes and prance around looking at my newly decked out feet, and it simply feels awesome.

Sex is not always like getting a new pair of shoes. I will even throw it out there and say that for women, especially women my age that aren't quite sure what they want to go on in the bedroom, there isn't always that instant gratification with sex. Guys don't always know what we want, so while they may be totally satisfied, we ladies might be left feeling underwhelmed.

See, I haven't been seriously seeing anyone since November. I have casually dated some guys, but no one I wanted to jump into bed with right away. So I made the decision to go off birth control. I have been using it for three years, and honestly, the stuff can ring up quite a bill. Certainly not as much as spawning a tiny human, but it is still costly for a poor college student like myself. And again, since I am not even remotely thinking about just suddenly jumping someone's bones, I am not super worried about anything happening.

I would definitely call my doctor up to get an appointment and get a fresh prescription for some good ole BC the second I thought I wanted to have a serious relationship with someone. But again, I have yet to have the fancy strike me, so I think I will wait.

Especially since I realized around February that what I was spending on birth control translates into a new pair of shoes almost every month.

So really it comes down to what do I like more? Shoes, shoe, shoes and more shoes or sex?

It's a hard question. I know that when I get a new pair of shoes, I am instantly satisfied. Opening a new box of shoes has me smiling all day. Showing them off at school, work, or just out in the world and getting compliments on them makes me feel really, really good. Certainly not orgasm good, but a shoe compliment can make me feel happy all day, and maybe into the next.

Plus, there is always the question with sex: will I get what I am after? Guys almost always do. But again, ladies don't. Even with all the direction in the world, sometimes we just don't get there.

So again, there is this debate: do I want to know that I will be instantly elated or chance it. It helps that I really do know exactly what I want from a guy, and I am not afraid to ask for it. I am usually looking at an eight out of ten chance.

But... shoes... Every month!

For my shoe addiction there is the added plus that I am not seeing anyone at the moment. I mean, that really, really helps.

What doesn't help my shoe addiction is that I am feeling rather inclined to get myself a serious relationship. Because... It has been since November. That really is a lot of shoes already. I think I can put those on the way side for a while. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment