Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Moving Up

Ambria and I got a new apartment.

It looks like this:

 This is a pantry. In the kitchen.

This is the kitchen, where the pantry can be found, to the left.

This is a bedroom. Mine, I think, but of course it is hard to tell.

This is the same bedroom, looking all dandy and fine.

This is the closet in the bathroom. It holds stuff like shampoo and seventeen boxes of tampons. You never want to run out of tampons.

This is the bathroom. Again the closet is to the left.

This is a closet in one of the bedrooms.

This is the other closet in the other bedroom.

This is Ambria's bedroom. You can tell by that forty five degree angled wall. It's such an awkward wall.

Hey look! It's yet another closet.

This is the view from that weird awkward wall.

And this is the view if you walk out of the closet. There is no reason to stand in the closet, but that is what I did for this spectacular picture.

What you didn't get to see is that we have a living room! We have a coffee table that my dad made. It's really sturdy.

That is my beautiful, 64lbs doggy. On my really sturdy table.

We also have a dining room. I don't have a good picture of that though. So instead here is a picture of this weird thing I found on my way to my car from work.

I have no idea what it is.

This is the face Dash (right) made when I told him I was moving.

This is the face Cat/Nubs made when we got to the new place.

This was Nubs when I told her we were moving.

This is me when I was attempting to pack. Obviously I was failing miserably.

More pictures of me attempting to pack.

This was full of clothes. I packed four of these bins and still had clothes.

These were some of my shoes. I packed them in a suitcase because I thought it would be easier to transport.

This is me with a spider on my head. It was after I packed but hadn't quite moved. I was a little slap happy.

After all of the looking and searching for an apartment, and then the actual finding of said apartment and signing the lease and whatever, we actually had to move. Which as two little skinny girls, we weren't all that well equipped to move. Thankfully I had Boyfriend. And Boyfriend had two eighteen year old twin brothers.

They helped me move all my stuff, plus the new rug and couch my dad and Sharon bought me. Basically they were super awesome.

And then the next weekend Ambria's step-dad and uncle helped her move. And then we were moved in.

Now that we are here, we've started making it our own. We got a painting of a tiger. We named him Joseph. And we got a painting of this creepy ginger boy with a broom. Ambria got a new comforter, and we got new orange and pink towels to match our bathroom. All in all, it's been a little adventure.

The toilet has clogged twice already for no apparent reason. And the hot water is really fucking hot. Like hotter than hell on fire in a boiling pot and shot with lasers.

But the fixer people are usually prompt, and we don't usually see anyone that lives under us ever except for the Basement Troll. And Nubsy seems to be enjoying herself with the increased space and all of the windows to look out of. And I am definitely liking being back in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment