Wednesday, November 28, 2012

High Pitched Carolers Standing Behind Me with a Flute

Okay, I am literally, at this very moment, sitting in the lunchroom on my community college campus trying to read some other blogs that I enjoy greatly, and instead I am being horribly distracted.

Distracted by what, you ask?

These crazy ass people sitting behind me with a flute.

But let me begin the story from a half hour previous to this moment.

I went to get my usual lunch of a wrap filled with meat and cheese and mayo and a Simply Orange Juice. Then I made my was to an empty alcove filled with empty chairs. I felt safe in my empty haven, and happy I wouldn't have to make conversations with people I didn't know, and would certainly not be friending on Facebook later.

It all seemed well, as I was able to eat half my wrap and peruse the internet to my liking.

That was until this girl came out of nowhere with a guitar. And then two big black guys came over and started to play it and alternately serenade her, and then me. I smiled like the polite person I was, but I hoped they would just move to the alcove one space behind me and continue their love songs.

Instead, six other people came over, with one guy playing hackie-sack with a little skinny girl that dropped her phone four times. And then her friend in scrubs came over, which made the skinny girl with the butter fingers jump up and down and squeal loudly.

I tried to ignore them. And then some guy came up behind me and tapped me on the shoulder.

"Sorry about all this," he said smiling. I waved a hand in the air, like Don't worry, it's normal for people to collect around me in large, loud masses and serenade each other whilst playing hackie-sack and dropping their phones.

Because all of these things are totally normal.

Well after a few minutes of Butter-Fingers talking to Scrubs, everyone suddenly got up and stood behind me and thus began the guitar playing, flute blowing, high male voiced edition of christmas song caroling.

Which, once the guitar wielding girl left, has now become a mash-up of Aladdin songs, Carrie Underwood, and "Silent Night."

And they are making up their own lyrics to the "Twelve Days of Christmas."

It goes a little like this:

"Seven dudes rapping, six boxes of condoms, FIVE BAGS OF WEED, four BMW's, three dirty hoes, two fat bitches, and a blunt lit up for me!" 

Sung all by boys, in ridiculously high pitched voices. I guess I can't complain though. They don't actually sound all that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment