Wednesday, September 26, 2012

"Mind If I Have a Smoke?"

So while my mother would love it if I didn't waste my time blogging whilst at school, I thought this was definitely an appropriate thing to blog about.

Firstly, as with many colleges (universities and community colleges like mine), there are "Campus Events" that happen periodically for seemingly no reason at all. Today was Cancer Awareness Day. I don't know exactly what the day's events entail, especially since all of the fake lungs, hearts, stomaches, colins, bones and bags of blood are set up in the cafeteria, but I do know that I get free food for pretending to be interested.

Basically, students just had to walk around, talk to the people in scrubs, get a piece of paper signed, and BAM! Free food of the nacho chip (no nacho dip) and sandwich wrap variety.

This is all well and good, except that we are all walking around looking at blackened organs, diseased skin, large white masses of I-don't-know-what, huge blown up pictures of moles, and decrepit looking people in wheel chairs with oxygen nose tubes.

Definitely unappetizing.

And of course, the coup d'etat, a giant poster with a suave looking man saying, "Mind if I have a smoke?"

His lady-friend replies, "Mind if I just die?"

I think it is time to eat somewhere else than the plastic organ freak show happening in the main causeway of the cafeteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment