Friday, September 21, 2012

It's Just Sad

Honestly, the state of things really is sad. I should be happy my cousin had a healthy baby, that I am getting through my classes, that my kitten is spayed. But I am not, and it is for a VERY specific reason.

See, my very good friend Gina, who even has a post dedicated to her, went crazy like a mother fucking Tasmanian Devil.

Firstly, she went and got pregnant with this guy who is so disinterested in her, it is almost not funny. He wants nothing to do with her so bad that he moved out of his mom's house and to his dad's that is in bum-fuck-nowhere, with no car, and definitely no motivation to get within a 39 and 1/2 foot pole length of her.

Then she got a little crazier, and broke into her mother's Yahoo Messenger, printed off some possibly suspicious, but not outright, blatantly stated messages. She "had to find them and show [her] dad." Of course, breaking into someone's account, or reading someone's diary, or going through someone's phone is to ME wrong on all counts, so I was more than annoyed. But I wasn't annoyed that she did these mean, malicious things to her mom. No, I was pissed the fuck off because, for whatever reason, she thought I was going to somehow think it was permissible for her to try to break her parents up.

I come from a broken home, and while my parents didn't have this horrible, awful break up, it was incredibly hard, and probably made harder by the simple fact that I understood what was going on. I was definitely old enough to catch on. My little brother was immune to all of the sadness, but I was twelve years old, and suddenly I was taking care of Alex during the whole summer while my parents worked all day.

So when she told me in general terms what she had done, I was rightfully pissed. She had made no thought for her brother and sister who were younger, socially challenged, and home schooled by her mother.

I told her not to come over, and it was soon after that we got into a fight. A few days after the fight, I had a serious emotional break down. Instead of being like a normal girl and crying it out about how unfair things were, I bottled up everything I was feeling. I became so incredibly pissed, and was on the verge of hurting someone I cared about. I could barely talk to people. While at work, my coworkers would talk to me, and all I could manage was to be incredibly pissed off, and answer tersely. I considered finding a kick boxing class so that I could push my anger into something as opposed to someone.

And then I had an idea.

Take Gina out of the equation.

So I sent her a very long text about how I could no longer be friends with someone who was so manipulative, cruel, mean, and vindictive. Because that was who she had become. I suppose I should have noticed earlier, maybe when she had been so psycho about how Carl didn't want to be with her monogamously. It should have been a warning sign when she was incredibly jealous of me hanging with Kyra, Ambria, or Gage. I should have maybe taken a step back when she started getting piss drunk after she had fights with my ex-boyfriend over me.

But I didn't until she did this horrible thing to her mom.

The worse part about what she did to her mom was that the messages weren't even very incriminating. Of course, I haven't seen the messages, but the way Gina would just not talk about them make me think there was really nothing of alarm.

And here I was thinking the end of our friendship was the saddest part of the night. But it wasn't.

See, it was tonight, (oh faithful Friday night), that I got to find out the coup d'etat. Gina told her mom, in a way to scare her mom into believing she knew something, that I had been spying on her. She told her I had incriminating photos of her mother and this dude. That I had been creeping around, taking pictures of her mom, because I obviously had no life what-so-ever, and could spend my time walking up and down the street waiting for her mom to boink some unsuspecting guy.

I guess I should be mad that Gina would say something like that. But honestly, it is so freaking expected for her to act like this crazy, conniving little person. But what I am really upset by is that her mother believed the lying daughter. When I was the only person who helped her make dinner for her family of seven plus whatever friends were over.

I peeled EGGS with the woman! I made egg fucking salad with her because she had four other things cooking. How she could believe that I would spy on her, when I am the number one seller of Do Your Own Thing, You Only Live Once, Life Is What You Make It, Live Like You're Dying, Shoot First Ask Questions Later. 

But no. Her mom just went ahead an believed that I was just as mean and conniving as Gina.

She was informed that there were no photos, of course. As a compulsive truth-teller, and definitely requiring my name to be a tabula rasa, I made sure she got the message that I was not some creepy picture taker/stalker.

My step brother told me a funny thing, after I talked to him and Sharon about this newest situation.

"It's like if you have a cup on a table, and you say there is a dollar under the cup. You pick up the cup, and there is no dollar. What did Gina think was going to happen? She doesn't have a dollar."

No comments:

Post a Comment