Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sprucing Up

Now that I am done with my college classes for the summer, I have decided I need some projects to keep me busy. I cleaned my apartment up, (it was a pigsty) and made a list of things that need to be done.


I am replacing my towel racks, the toilet roll dispenser, the kitchen floor linoleum, and I am going to paint my bathroom, study alcove, and hopefully the kitchen and cabinets to bring in more light. I am also putting up a curtain in front of my sliding glass doors.


These are kind of little projects, but they are enough for me since I am just a girl and only partially handy with tools.


Last night, Gina and I made some new shelves for my shoes. Since I have a lot of heels, (very tall heels, I might add) I couldn't hand them on the door hanging thing. I had them all displayed on top of my winter clothes bin, but I didn't have enough room for all of them. So I now have a shelf to put them all on.


And they look kind of fabulous.


It is nice to have my closet getting slightly more organized and the rest of the apartment coming into order. Because I live by myself, I don't actually have any obligation to make it look nice or orderly, so things fall into disrepair sometimes. But I decided I needed to get on top of making the space habitable for more people than just me, because I actually have friends that want to party with me.


So my next project coming up, once I get my pay check, is spackling the bathroom walls where the old towel hanger and toilet roll dispenser was and painting that wall and the study alcove this bright blue color.


I am super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment