Sunday, February 12, 2012

Faking It

I stayed at Regina's house last weekend and stayed at my dad's house this weekend in order to avoid my brother who was supposed to be coming in from Washington or Iowa or something. But every time something came up, so I have been avoiding my home for absolutely no reason.


That is regardless of the point, though. Since I was staying at my dad's house, I needed a pretty good reason to just stay there. I told him that I was working on a project with Regina, but because her grandparents were in town, I couldn't stay there. The project was a lie, the grandparents were true.


On Friday, I went over to Gina's to keep up the ruse. Then I came back home and acted like everything was normal. On Saturday, after I got done with work, I got to dad's and took a shower, then explained how I really needed to work on that project. But then Sharon tempted me with a movie, (The Grey).


The movie was greatly amusing. Of course, there were some inconsistencies, with regards to how the survival went, and then the actual wolves... But still, I was really enjoy action/suspense... and movie theatre popcorn.


So I blew off the "project" that night, and decided to really buckle down for Sunday.


So I told Gina to come over. We went out to my house, and I still believed that my brother was in town, so I left quickly, dragging my guitar along with me.


Gina and I then got back to my dad's house and proceeded to watch The Notebook, play guitar, and bump around on Facebook.


It was after almost two hours of playing around that I decided to make a fake powerpoint... just in case.


Turns out, it came in handy. Sharon walked into [my] room asking about our project.


"How is it going, girls?" Sharon asked.


"Pretty good," I said, and flipped the computer around to shower her my slide.




She didn't read the whole slide, just saw the title and assumed we were hard at work.


"Good job girls!" She congratulated us. "Keep up the good work!"


I have never thought faking it was a good thing... until now!

No comments:

Post a Comment