Sunday, August 3, 2014

Reasons Not to Park on My Street

My wonderful boyfriend Ethan decided to come down to my house Friday night. He legally parked his car across the street from my apartment and came on up for beer and popcorn and movie called Croczilla.

We went to bed around midnight or so, then the next morning got up for bagels, coffee and a little game of Donkey Kong. Around 12:30, we decided to make our way downstairs so we could start our epic date, (we were going to the Train Museum then to a brewery for dinner!). He was being incredibly helpful and taking out my recycling, (because I actually do try in little ways to save the planet) so he gave me the keys, "So you can start the AC."

Naturally, I hopped down the street in my cute little dress to the end of the sidewalk. I looked right, (the direction he usually parked), then left. And then I looked back at him on the second floor looking over at me. I scrunched up my face, (partially to do with sun exposure, and partially out of confusion). He had to be fucking with me. He had to have parked his car down the street, out of view. That was why he had given me the keys, so play a game of confusion and treachery. Because my first thought was OH MY GOD HIS CAR HAS BEEN FUCKING STOLEN!

"You see the car, right?" He called.

"Uh..."

"Ana, you see the car right?" Now I was definitely thinking he was pulling my leg.

"Where... did you park it?" I wasn't feeling annoyed really, just like he was playing a very silly game.

He proceeded to talk the the neighbor who happened to be smoking outside on the fire escape. I distinctly heard, "No... no way."

"Ethan?" I called.

"Just one minute." He went back upstairs then came back down, (needing to return my recycle bin) and looked as perturbed as I felt.

"Holy shit. He's right. The fucking car is gone."

WHAT?!

"What?" I end up yelping like a kicked dog. Then he tells me what the neighbor told him.

A drunk asshole in that silver Sierra, *queue pointing down the street* was driving down the street at around ten, ten-thirty, decided to make a left turn in his car. FOR NO APPARENT REASON.

The car scraped the road, ended up on the curb, and was basically smashed into smithereens.

I had to see the truck.

Walking down, the front driver side of the bumper was basically shorn off, and covered in red car paint, but there wasn't a whole lot more damage. (I mean, yes, Lil' Red Car did some serious damage, but I wish his car had been demolished).

After walking around for a little bit, looking at what I have been calling the scene of the crime, a cop did come around and talk to us. He told us that the guy had been arrested and all his information taken, (which we still aren't sure means that he has insurance until the police report was filed last night at eleven). The car was towed to the city tow lots, (WHICH OH MY FUCKING GOD WE CAN'T EVEN LOOK AT THE FUCKING CAR UNTIL MONDAY) and we were left to wonder what the fuck happened for close to a half hour.

So the pros are the asshole was arrested, and that bitch isn't going anywhere.
Ethan and I are uninjured.
Our neighbor was kind enough to have collected a little information for us.

The cons are OH MY GOD THE CAR IS TOTALLED.

Yep, that's pretty much it. I think that is a pretty big con. Because it sucks balls, and is stupid, and a totally freak incident because there was NO REASON to turn left there. AT ALL.

But I guess I will look at the brightside that yes, Ethan and I are unharmed. And that is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment