Sunday, September 15, 2013

Concert Night

So, Ambria and I went to the Cage the Elephant/Silversun Pickups/Imagine Dragons concert last night. And it was awesome!

I mean, we assumed it would be really great, but still. My younger brother discovered Cage the Elephant a few years ago before they were popular, so I had heard and liked a lot of their music. In concert, they were really good. At first, the sound was really kind of off. I think the mic was just screwy, but the more they played the better they sounded, and by the end, they sounded amazing and had this great energy. And of course, having the singer run around in tight white bell bottoms and nothing else was great eye candy.

Silversun Pickups was great. They came on and were basically like, we don't need to introduce ourselves, we are just going to play and it's going to be amazing. And it was. They were so good, and obviously into just playing and letting the music speak for itself. And I loved how they didn't just sing and then go onto the next song, there were little solos thrown in for everyone.

When it finally came time for the main event, (when I bought the tickets I didn't even know what other bands were going to play) Ambria and I were really excited. And because we had lawn tickets we were able to get super close to the stage behind the seated sections. They were just incredibly awesome. The sound was clear and crisp, and the music was awesome. We could feel the music in the ground, and of course there was a lot of dancing and cheering and revelling in the sheer awesomeness.

I mean, the only thing that could have made it any better would be if the beer wasn't eleven bucks a pop. But other than that, the lawn tickets were a great idea, and because we didn't bring a blanket or chairs, Ambria and I were able to get really close to the front. It was great. Sure, it took like two and a half hours to get home, but seeing Cage the Elephant, Silversun Pickups and Imagine Dragons all in one night was worth sitting in parking lot traffic. Because they were all incredibly, amazingly awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment