Saturday, April 27, 2013

My New Job

There are so many things I like about my new job. Firstly: AIR CONDITIONING! I fucking love it! Since my other job at the restaurant is outside during the summer, the hot commodity of being able to control my surroundings is simply a novelty.

The second thing: I am helping rid people of cancer. Albeit in a very tiny way, I still feel like I am sort of a super hero. Move out the way, I am a cancer curer!

The third: I am making BANK. Holy smokestacks, Batman, do I actually have MONEY? It is sort of a first in three years. It's nice to start working four days a week and actually have money after paying for gas and food.

The fourth: I am not the most awkward person there. These people I am working with are super smart, and thus, (for the most part) socially awkward. For once in my life, I don't feel like the weird person for enjoying working on a Friday night because I can then socialize without actually having plans to go out into the world. And I arguably have the best dance moves!

Fifthly: Ambria works just down the block sometimes! I might even get to visit her and say hi, which is far more than I have been able to recently.

Sixthly: Air Conditioning!

(Right, I already mentioned that...)

Seventh on the list: I actually USE things I learned in MATH CLASSES. I never (in a thousand, billion years) thought I would have to use math ever except to add. My bad, all my math teachers ever for arguing with you. My sincerest apologies, because you were right, and I was so very wrong. (Coordinate planes are sort of cool to me now.)

Eighthly: Well, I don't have an eighth yet, but I am sort of liking my new job. I genuinely enjoy being more of an adult than I did one month ago.

Who would have thunk it?

No comments:

Post a Comment