Saturday, November 26, 2011

I'm a Party Girl in a Party World

I went to a Halloween party on Halloween night.


I was Indiana Jones.


Gina dressed as Laura Croft.


We were an archeological dream team.


We went to Kevin's house. When I told my dad and Sharon where I was going, Sharon raised her nose at me.


"Who is Kevin?" She asked, looking at me with slitted eyes.


"I work with him," I said shrugging. To me, it wasn't a big deal. Everyone from work was going to be there.


"What does he want with you? You are barely an adult." I shrugged again and wiggled my fingers at them.


"Gotta go!" I skipped away in my black boots, clicking across our hardwood floors. Sharon scowled at me, burning little holes of anger into my shoulders.


I went and picked Gina up from her house and we circled back around to find Kevin's house. I had an address. I drove up and down a few streets, and when I realized it was the house with the strobe light and crazy spiderwebs, I got nervous.


"Does it look like there are people in there?" I asked Gina.


"No..." She shook her head. I chewed my lip.


"Maybe we should drive around and wait." I didn't want to just go in and be the only two people there.


We opted to driving around. I texted Shesha, who was also going to the party. She said she'd be there soon.


Finally I gave up driving around. It was a waste of gas anyways. I parked a few feet from the house on the street and handed Gina my keys.


"Under no circumstance should you hand these to me." She nodded gravely, then smiled like a goon.


"You are getting plastered tonight," she said laughing. I laughed and nodded. We got out of the car, and I was relieved to see another work mate. Nick was wearing clothes that seemed a few sizes too small.


"What are you?" I asked. He looked confusedly at his outfit.


"I don't know. You like?" I shook my head and laughed as we headed up the stairs. I didn't ring the doorbell, instead just letting us all in. I was an old pro at this, it seemed.


I was greeted by Justin the Sheriff, who led us to the kitchen. I found Sasha the Mummy, her boyfriend Courtney, Sabrina, and Marcus from work.


"Take a shots with us!" Sasha demanded. I complied, taking shot of vodka. It burned when it went down. I shook my head, and took a second shot with Marcus. Tom the Zombie (Killer) came down the stairs. I eyeballed him. He eyeballed me. I giggled.


I decided that I needed to explore the house before I got way to drunk to not find the bathroom. I checked out the counter one last time. I saw the Everclear. I grew slightly concerned.


Gina and I headed towards the stairs. Tom the Zombie was in the way. "Can we go up?" I asked, looking up at him.


"Let me show you the way." We followed him, and he started showing off the rooms. My eyes about fell out of my head.


"Oh, shit!" I exclaimed. "Those guitars are beautiful." I reached for one then retracted my hand. "Can I?"


"Sure, it's no problem." I slowly picked up the guitar and propped it on my hipbone. I slowly strummed the strings. It sounded like a guitar, all right.


"Okay," I set it down. "Show me everything." I followed him into Kevin's room and spied the guitars in there. I silently drooled. Tom then showed us his room. My eyes couldn't stay in anyone place. There was so much amazingness going on.


"Tom, by the way." He offered his hand.


"Ana," I shook his hand firmly. We smiled at each other. Gina rolled her eyes. I went over to the red seven string guitar and picked it up. I balanced it on my thigh while I fingered a few chords. "Your guys' house...it's amazing." I spotted a violin, some bases, and a door to a balcony.


I carefully set the guitar down, overly aware that that vodka was worming its way through my system.


We looked in Justin the Sheriff's room, and again, I found an instrument to drool over. I decided that it was time to go downstairs after spotting the bathroom.


"The potty house!" I pointed at it, making sure Gina knew too. She smiled at me as I thumped down the stairs and into the kitchen. Marcus was handing out sangria and I took a cup. Or maybe two. I wandered outside, and then back in. More people from work were arriving, and I was turning into a regular chatty Cathy.


I went down in the basement, Gina following me and making sure I didn't hurt myself or something else. I squealed at the sight of even more guitars. I touched everything. I even tapped on the mic and did a, "One, two, one, two."


We went back upstairs, and I belatedly realized the last thing I had eaten that day was a piece of toast and some orange juice. It was no wonder I was really feeling the very small amount of drinks I already had.


I went into the kitchen, hoping for food, but ended up with a beer. It was a wonder I had been able to get it open. Kevin finally made an appearance. I think I said hi, and he asked if I knew who he was.


"You have a mustache. You're a...pedophile!" I grinned broadly. He laughed, throwing his head back.


"No," he said abruptly. "I am Bernie, from 'Weekend at Bernie's.'" I had never seen the movie, but I believed he looked just like him. Kevin was like that. Very committed.


I gave him a high five like I knew what he was talking about. He nodded like a rock star and I headed back into the kitchen.


I started talking to Kevin's brother, and half way through the conversation my eyes grew wide. "Ohhigawd," I slurred. I waved my beer towards him. "You're not a cop, are you?" I patted his arm.


"Haha," he chuckled at me. "No, I am the furthest thing from a cop." I didn't know what that made him exactly, but I was reassured. I patted his arm again, leaning in close.


"Good, 'cause if you were, I woulda said I was twenty-one!" I clinked glasses with him. "Sorry," I said, still leaning on him, "I'm drunk." I nodded knowingly, gave his arm a squeeze and then turned to my left and saw Shesha.


"Sheeeeeeesha!" I cried out, sounding like an over loud baby. I ran to her and she hugged me tight.


"I'm drunk," I told her, patting her cheeks. "You have weird eyes." I jiggled her boobs. "Still soft!" I grabbed her hand and brought her in the kitchen. "Shots!" I grabbed the shot glasses, poured something in them, and handed her one. We tipped our heads back and drank.


I kissed her cheek, found Chrys, and hugged him to my breasts. "Darling!" I kissed his cheeks.


I found Lindsey and hugged her around the waste. "I get it!" I pointed at her chest. "You're Sookie Stackhouse!"


I fluttered around, drinking other people's drinks and wondering where Gina was.


At some point, I started bringing people upstairs. I had to show everyone the amazing beds!


It sounds a lot worse than it is. It involved me sitting on the beds, and saying, "Oh my gosh. Isn't this amazing?" I would lay back and laugh. They did too. They knew I wasn't bringing them up there to make out.


Every time I went back downstairs, I took another shot, got progressively drunker, and ended up on Tom the Zombie's bed, telling Gina to stop making the world spin.


"Let's go to the bathroom." I stumbled to my feet, smiled at Tom the Zombie, and slipped into the bathroom. I puked my guts out, scooted over to the sink and washed my hands mouth and face.


"I gargled!" I smiled at Gina. She smiled back. I got up and danced my way down the stairs.


"Apple Pie Shots!" Kevin announced. I swiped one, tossed my head back, and downed the hot cider drink. I went and sat on the steps. Shesha was there. I told her I got sick. And that it was brown. She handed me a hotdog bun. I munched on it, but the bread dried my mouth out, so I spit it out. I pulled Gina over by the hand and reached for her backpack.


She had a Camelback full of water that I had been sucking on all night. I needed to stay hydrated!


"Oh, gosh," I said, and climbed up the stairs again. There was a line to the bathroom. I looked at Lauren, put a finger to my mouth and pointed outwards.


"Hey!" Lauren pounded on the door. "She needs to vomit! Open up!" The door opened, and a guy that worked in the kitchen stood in the way, looking at me. I pushed forward but he didn't budge. I looked at the claw foot tub mournfully. I didn't want to puke in such a fine looking tub.


"Move, you worthless idiot!" Gina screamed, pulling the guy out of my way. I lurched towards the toilet and puked my guts out again. I got vomit on my arm.


"Uh! Uh!" I cried and looked at my arm in utter despair. "I...its on my arm!" I looked at my arm again.


"Don't worry, sweetie." Gina grabbed a towel and helped me wash it off. Newly clean, I smiled like a little kid in the pet shop. I lurched forward and out into the hall. Tom the Zombie was there.


"Don't worry, it happens to the best of us." I smiled again.


"Eh! It happens to me all the time!" I laughed as I thumped down the stairs. Gina took me by the wrist.


"Sweetie, let's go home." I nodded and bounded towards the door, waving at everyone.


"I gotta go guys! Bye!" Gina lead me out to the car and I got in the passenger seat. I was so confused when I got in. Why wasn't I driving? Gina turned us towards her house and drove. We almost made it.


Then I got sick again. She pulled over, I opened up the door, and I puked for the third and final time on the curb. Gina patted my shoulder.


I smiled as she tucked me into bed. "That was a great party!"


"Yes, yes, it was sweetie."

No comments:

Post a Comment