Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Street Racing

This is going to be a short post, but it will still be just as amusing as all the rest.


For Gina's birthday, we went to this local place called Kabob International, and of course got kabobs that were delicious. The second phase of her birthday included going to the movies, then going back to my studio, and probably getting schnokered.


So we decided to go to the movies and see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. By the way, I definitely recommend this movie, it was intense. I greatly enjoyed it, and cannot wait for the next two movies to be made.


So after the movie let out, we headed back to the car, and like after every time I get out of a movie, I was overcome with giddy energy.


The same giddy energy that also makes me a slightly reckless driver. So, I got behind the wheel, pulled out into the streets and headed back towards Gina's house. We were meeting one of her beaus there before heading to my place.


There I am, on the road, cruising around, skating my car around people like a professional. That was when a light turned red and I had to wait.


I looked over at the dude next to me. He was a big black guy and kind of smiled. I looked at the light. It was an intersection I was accustomed to. I knew how the lights changes, could even count the seconds for how long it would be. I inched forward.


I looked over again and the dude was inching forward to.


I let my foot off the brake and my car crept like a cat towards the pedestrian walkway.


The light turned and the dude jumped forward. I smacked my foot on the gas, and in a burst of giggles, Gina and I were careening forward right on the guy's ass. The nose of my car was right next to his trunk...


Then his back doors...


And then we were even with him...


He pressed the gas pedal harder and pushed ahead of me. I was only going 55, so pressed my own gas pedal down...


And then we were three whole car lengths ahead of him.


"Hahaha!" I crowed in triumph. I looked at the speedometer and saw I was definitely going too fast. "Attempted Manslaughter" fast. I hit the brakes as the light ahead turned red.


Brakes work. The guy was stopped at the same intersection. I looked over. He was looking at me and Gina laughing our happy asses off. He banged his steering wheel and shook his head.


First Street Race: Won.

No comments:

Post a Comment