Monday, November 5, 2012

Old Asian Dude

So, I went to Shesha's Halloween party on Wednesday night. And I was looking pretty damn fine if I do say so myself. Because I was. Mom had lent me one of her lace up corsets, that Ambria laced very tight, and this double skirt tutu. I also donned a wonderful little ballerina bun. So, yeah I pretty much thought I was looking pretty damn hot.

I guess it shouldn't have come as a surprise that I was hit on. But considering that it was a lot of people I work with, I was mostly laughing of their obvious flirting. It's not too hard to brush off guys I have known for years.

I had brought with me Ambria, Darrious and Paris. But because Darrious and Paris needed to catch the train, I had to leave halfway through the party and come back later.

So when I went and dropped them off, and then came back about a half hour later, the party went from people I mostly knew to a hell of a lot of people I most certainly didn't know. Everyone was still cool. And while there was the half of the party that was getting really high, and the other half was getting really drunk, I was the designated driver, and thus only had a few drinks, that in the end didn't even give me a buzz.

I ended up doing a lot of people watching. BBJ (Big Booty Judy) got really upset twice while  I was there. Honestly, the first time I had no idea what was wrong with her. She just ended up in a bedroom crying and saying incoherent things. The second time was because Brian who we work with, ended up making out with one of her friends that she had brought along. I guess the second crying fest was more logical to me, except that she is most definitely not going out with Brian, so... I don't know what the big deal was.

Chrys brought a bunch of his gay friends, or as Shesha said, "The whole gay community," and that made a lot of people who were uncomfortable around gay people leave. Of course, I was like, "HI! You won't hit on me, so we are totes chill." It's why I have a lot of gay guy friends.

Nick, who I also work with, puked all over the kitchen, and I saw the whole thing. I even giggled because I have never gotten sick and puked all over like that. For that I am proud.

At some point after Nick's puking episode and before BBJ had her crying fit, this asian dude dress as Psy started talking to Ambria and I. I may have mentioned this before, but I am not good at talking to new people. Like genetically, I am not predispositioned to do well at parties sober.

Ambria did all the talking basically, because she is a beast and can make friends with anyone or anything. I smile and added to conversations where I thought I was needed, but there were plenty of just awkward silences. He offered to take us to the diner up the road, and I was like, "Ah ha ha, no, we can't."

He didn't seem to understand. "We have school in the morning, you know."

"Oh, I graduated like 6 years ago."

"From... college?" I asked. I had no idea how old he was.

Apparently he was 31. I was like, "Oh, we graduated high school like two and a half years ago. Dub ten." I thought that would deter him.

Nope. As the clock rolls around to two AM, his asks me for my number. And on one hand, I am flattered. But I don't need a fancyman. Sorry, but I am fancy enough as is.

Of course, I was thrown through such a loop that I didn't know what to do but program a number into his phone.

And then Ambria and I practically ran out of there, so when he called the number he wouldn't be able to catch me and say, "Oh you put it in wrong."

Maybe I am a horrible person, but... He didn't give me a chance! I am too polite.

No comments:

Post a Comment